We're looking for a Customer Support Technician (Timing & Simulation) to join our growing team in Rochester, NY!
We're the world leader in Resilient Positioning, Navigation and Timing (R-PNT) solutions that improve the reliability, performance and safety of critical, report and high-risk operations, even in GPS/GNSS denied environments. We provide virtually fail-safe GNSS and PNT solutions for military and commercial applications worldwide. AKA- we do critical and important things!
This position will primarily support our Timing and Simulation products.
As a Customer Support Technician, you will directly support Orolia customers using our timing and simulation products. You will be responsible for customer support via the web, email, and phone. This position plays a key role in delivering exceptional customer satisfaction with a primary focus on providing quick and accurate answers to customer questions and issues.
The Day to Day:
- Provide technical expertise directly to customers in support of pre and post-sales activities working with high speed networks, data centers and complex systems.
- Collaborate with outside customers as well as the engineering team, applications team, sales team, and operations team globally
- Answer customer questions, diagnose problems, understand requirements, and devise solutions while providing excellent customer service
- Provide on-site technical expertise and demonstrations upon request
- Provide technical education and documentation to customers, sales, partners, and peers
- Provide field input to Product Management in terms of customer/application requirements, customer usability and service viewpoint
What you Bring to Orolia:
- Strong technical knowledge in datacenters and networking- ethernet, routers and switches, servers, SNMP, fiber optics, etc.
- Knowledge of common analog/RF impairments encountered in GNSS and wireless systems
- Strong knowledge of common operating systems (Linux, Windows, etc..)
- Strong Python programming knowledge, C/C++ and other scripting preferred.
- Familiarity with lab equipment such as logic analyzer, spectrum analyzer, signal generators, etc.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a cross functional team
- Ability to diffuse and persuade people during difficult circumstances through listening, analyzing and taking action
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Must be able to travel domestically
Visit our website for more information: or check out our videos on YouTube Orolia - YouTube
Orolia is an equal opportunity employer who does not discriminate based on race, color, citizenship, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran's status or any protected category. We encourage veterans and people with disabilities to apply.