JOB TITLE: Conveyancing Assistant / Secretary
LOCATION: Wellington, Somerset
SALARY: £19K - £22K PA
HOURS: 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday
BENEFITS: 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays, Christmas shutdown in addition to annual leave allowance, Pension Scheme, friendly and social firm, development opportunities.
THE COMPANY: A traditional law firm that continues to expand and provides a welcoming and sociable working environment and development opportunities.
THE ROLE: You will be responsible for both clerical and administrative support to fee earners. You will be involved with the coordination and implementation of office procedures and may be responsible for specific tasks or projects.
- To conduct matters on behalf of clients in a professional manner. Providing a friendly, courteous, knowledgeable and professional service.
- Attending all service users and professionals, whether in person, on the telephone or by email in a polite, efficient and professional manner at all times.
- To manage files to Lexcel/CQS Standard at all times.
- Using a variety of software to support the case management system including Microsoft Word and 365, Outlook and Excel to produce correspondence, documents, presentations, records and accounts.
- Diary management, together with booking appointments/meetings. Attending meetings where necessary and assist in note taking.
- Participation in marketing activities, whether on a firm-wide, departmental or office basis.
- Financial control, with particular regard to cash-flow control through collection of monies on account and billing procedures. Ensuring prompt closure of files at completion with ledgers nil balanced and activation of feedback/review request with Review Solicitors
- Meeting all deadlines within the specified timeframes and ensuring prompt response to telephone calls with accurate notes taken and recorded and passed to the appropriate staff member.
- Taking part in compulsory compliance training, developing skills of self and other members of staff where appropriate.
The successful applicant will need to have prior experience within the legal industry and accurate audio typing skills.. You will be a strong communicator and have capable administration / secretarial abilities.
NEXT STEPS To apply for this role please do so online or email your CV to . You can also call and speak to Kim on .
Why make Office Angels your agency of choice?
- CV advice and guidance.
- Thorough interview preparation advice and support.
- Weekly email updates of our most current opportunities.
- Support from a personable and dedicated team of experienced Consultants.
- We keep in touch! Once we place you in your new role, we keep in touch for your first few weeks to ensure you are happy and settled in.
- If we successfully find you your new role we will plant a tree in your name!
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.