The Accountant II
is a mid-level professional capable of fulfilling the project accounting and project forecasting requirements of multiple mid-sized projects or a singular large project, including day-to-day interface with project management, client and contractor personnel.
- Manage contracts, amendments, insurance, bonds, SOV, Files, and Co Policies
- Conduct timely and accurate review of requisitions and lien waivers
- Manage the monthly project forecast process
- Ensure timely management of accounts receivable and payables
- Manage the project financial closeout
- Develop and maintain positive professional relationships both internally & externally
- Assist with the development of contract abstracts
- Assist with internal and external audits
- Familiar with WIP process
Qualifications KEY COMPETENCIES
- Communicate Effectively - Listen to understand and clearly convey information in all forms based on the audience to ensure shared meaning of the message
- Act Inclusively - Ensure that actions and behaviors are respectful; show empathy and treat others with dignity. Leverage capabilities and insights of individuals with diverse perspectives, abilities and motivation.
- Solve Problems - Identify, prioritize and implement alternatives for a solution.
- Demonstrate Agility/ Adaptability - Maintain effectiveness and adjust to change by exploring the rationale, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful. Create an atmosphere of open-mindedness to change.
- Drive for Results - Show passion and commitment while delivering on business outcomes. Create a sense of individual ownership and accountability.
- Champion Innovation - Identify opportunities for new and improved ways of doing things that result in value added, unique and differentiated solutions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field
- 3-5 years with CM or General Contractor organization
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Gilbane offers an excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits and a generous profit-sharing/401k plan. We invest in our employees education and have built Gilbane University into a top training organization in the construction industry. Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test. Gilbane is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Proficient in CMiC
- Understanding of the overall project execution process, including budgeting, project forecasting, cost control, schedule, anticipated cost and project profitability ?Familiarity with the GIG process
- Familiarity with construction and pricing components
- Familiarity with construction industry insurance products