If you are a current FIB employee, please apply through the Career Worklet in the Employee Portal
This position may be located at our branches in Sioux Falls, SD, Altoona, IA, Lafayette S. Public Rd., CO, Lincoln Downtown, NE and Scottsdale N. Scottsdale Rd. & Rte. 101, AZ.SUMMARY
This position is the key focal point for all commercial loan closing tasks associated with approval conditions and will pro-actively interact with branch personnel, multiple internal business lines and third- party vendors (i.e., title companies, insurance agent, attorneys), working with some supervision. A Loan Closer will effectively communicate with all parties to expedite the request for loan documentation, while meeting underwriting, bank policy, compliance, and regulatory requirements. This position will follow established guidelines and procedures and will have a basic knowledge of LaserPro, loan documentation, credit policy and bank products. This position is also responsible for creating complete commercial loan document packages, ensuring accuracy, and adherence to approval conditions. Document packages will be for non-complex loan structures but will include all collateral types.ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following: other duties may be assigned.
- Receives loan approvals for commercial loans to be prepared for closing. Document packages will be for basic commercial loans.
- Reviews the approval for loan closing conditions, regulations, appropriate lending authority, and lien perfection requirements and establishes conditions to close. Loan types handled will include unsecured, secured, agricultural, various real estate, small business products, etc.
- Orders/Obtains and reviews required due diligence items from branch personnel, internal departments, or third-party vendors. Due diligence items include title commitments/title searches, UCC searches, evaluations or real estate appraisals, environmental questionnaires or evaluations, flood determinations, proof of insurance documents, surveys, etc.
- Provides timely, complete, and accurate responses to inquiries.
- Creates loan documents for all types of basic commercial loans using the vendor document preparation system (LaserPro).
- Prepares non-system generated loan documentation for loans as required.
- Participates in management of commercial tickler system; may include setup of monitored items, updating, and providing exception reporting.
- Participates in internal and external training to maintain knowledge of Bank products; attends operational and exception meetings and keep abreast of all credit policies and changes.
- Maintains the integrity of loan data by ensuring all terms of the approved loan are accurately incorporated in the loan closing package.
- Reviews loan closing package for completion, accuracy and compliance to approval and credit policy. Performs job responsibilities in accordance with established Service Level Agreements.
- Transfers all credit and due diligence documents to the imaging system, following all protocols.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or equivalent and two plus (2+) years' banking experience preferred. Basic understanding of credit products, documentation terminology, vendor documents and searches, lien perfection and the document preparation system. Exhibits solid knowledge of applicable local, state and federal regulations, bank policies and procedures, and has the ability to meet deadlines under pressure and correctly prepare loan documents.OTHER SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
Must demonstrate ability to work effectively in a fast paced, production environment and have strong organizational skills, time management skills and strong attention to detail. Strong interpersonal skills including oral and written communication and problem solving a must. Proficiency with personal computers and related software packages, such as Microsoft Office programs and LaserPro, also essential. Ability to prioritize work and remain adaptable under pressure. Able to travel as required.LANGUAGE SKILLS
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the public. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations.MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.REASONING ABILITY
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Minimum wage $18.16 an hour - wage ranges vary based on location. If you are a current FIB employee, please apply through the Career Worklet in the Employee Portal