The position is described below. If you want to apply, click the Apply button at the top or bottom of this page. You'll be required to create an account or sign in to an existing one.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the application, you can request a reasonable accommodation. Send an email to Accessibility or call (accommodation requests only; other inquiries won't receive a response).
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
The Centralized Lending Unit (CLU) within the Risk Management Office has an immediate need for Portfolio Managers to support the C&I and CRE, Wealth business lines. These roles will be responsible for underwriting all credit requests, including new requests as well as credit decisioning within some portfolios. They will be accountable for recommending credit structures with respect to quality and profitability within assigned geographies. Fundamental duties include ensuring that the risk philosophy, risk appetite, and lending strategies are adhered to while maintaining a high level of client responsiveness. Analyze financial statements and navigate a wide variety of financial structures, credit scenarios. Ensure commercial lending activities are executed according to Truist's policies and procedures. Builds effective relationships with Risk Management and client managers. There is flexibility for these positions to sit within the following markets: Atlanta, GA; Alpharetta, GA; Charlotte, NC; Greensboro, NC; Orlando, FL; Richmond, VA; or Allentown, PA.
Portfolio Manager III
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
1. Support the commercial lending process through underwriting, policy knowledge, credit structuring, and risk assessment in credit request packages in a large and complex segment of the wholesale loan portfolio. Ensure packages are complete, accurate and thoroughly documented
2. Analyze and/or recommend adjustments to financial statement spreads
3. Interact with client, verbally and in writing, on pending loan requests or portfolio management actions
4. Understand and articulate all Truist Wholesale Credit policies, procedures and processes. Recommend credit within the Bank's risk appetite, and document when and why exceptions are appropriate. Also recommend ongoing servicing, including covenants. May require specialized underwriting skills for Commercial and Industrial, Commercial Real Estate, SBA lending, and other product offerings
5. Exercise prudent credit judgment through individual loan authority, if applicable
6. Keep abreast of changing business and economic developments which may impact the loan portfolio, its profitability, risk management and banking in general
PM III QUALIFICATIONS
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor's degree, or equivalent education and related training
2. 5+ years of experience in commercial lending and/or credit experience
3. Comprehensive commercial lending, underwriting, and regulatory knowledge
4. Demonstrated effective problem solving skills
5. Understanding of financial and cost accounting principles
6. Strong interpersonal, written, and communication
7. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
PM III Preferred Qualifications:
1. Master's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business or equivalent financial industry training
2. RMA - Credit Risk Certification
3. Demonstrated proficiency in commercial lending systems
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace.
EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify