Apply for this job now
CLINICAL NURSE SPECIALIST
- Tampa, Florida
- Job Type
- 7 Sep 2022
Apply for this job now
At Moffitt Cancer Center, we come face-to-face with cancer every day, but we also see courage. And it inspires us to be the safest and best place for cancer care - to bring greater hope to every patient we serve. It's why we've been continually named One of the Top Places to Work in the Tampa Bay Area. As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, Moffitt employs some of the best and brightest minds from around the world. Moffitt is the leading cancer hospital in both Florida and the Southeast and has been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999. Because working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join a dedicated, diverse and inclusive team of over 7,000 to be a part of the Courageous future we envision.
The Clinical Specialist represents and supports the mission, philosophy and goals of the Cancer Center. He/she is responsible for promoting quality patient care through the spheres of influence: patient/family, nursing/ nursing practice and organization/systems. This position will support the ICU area.
The Ideal Candidate
• Seasoned clinical nurse specialist who demonstrates a strategic and collaborative approach in leading a complex, nursing evidence based practice.
• The successful candidate will be a strong communicator, and will be very engaged and hands-on with providers and associates across the care continuum, as well as the leadership teams
• He or she will also bring a comprehensive knowledge and outlook of contemporary healthcare strategies and methods
1 SPHERE OF PATIENTS OR CLIENTS
a) Demonstrates advanced cognitive and psychomotor capabilities in the diagnosis, treatment, and evaluation of human responses to actual or potential life-threatening problems.
b) Applies advanced knowledge of functional health patterns, physiology, pathophysiology, and psycho-social in the assessment and care planning of patients.
c) Collaborates and engages in mutual problem solving with the complex patient, his/her family, and . Health care providers in achieving optimal patient outcomes.
d) Provides direction, support, human respect, and appreciation of unique meaning in obtaining proper assistance to the complex patient and family, and health care provider, seeking information in ethical and/or legal concerns.
2. SPHERE OF NURSES AND NURSING PRACTICE
a. Promotes quality patient care and a healing environment.
b. Assists and/or provides direction to staff with clinical decision making and management of patient care problems utilizing mutual problem solving and independent decision making processes.
c. Serves as a clinical resource for nursing staff and health care providers.
d. Applies knowledge of new therapies, Duffy's Caring Factors, and evidence-based nursing to educate providers and improve nurse sensitive patient outcomes.
e. Plans for the development, implementation and evaluation of the standards of care.
f. Provides consultation to staff in the planning and provision of nursing care.
g. Facilitates the acquisition and application of clinical knowledge, theoretical knowledge, and decision making skills by staff nurses and nursing students.
h. Assists nursing staff with preceptor and mentor responsibilities.
i. Plans and presents CE programs annually to meet staff learning needs. Participates in EBP/PI/Research activities to improve patient care and/or advance nursing knowledge.
j. Assists and supports staff in the identification and investigation of relevant EBP/PI and nursing research topics in the following ways:
1. Collaborates with staff in identifying clinical issues and Nursing Sensitive Indicators for inquiry.
2. Identifies and integrates appropriate evidence into patient care and nursing practice.
3. Engages staff in clinical inquiry.
k. Assists and supports staff in developing Evidence Based Practice standards and policies throughout the practice setting.
l. Monitors clinical practice via audits to determine outcomes of specific nursing practices.
m. Assists and supports nursing staff with professional development
n. Mentors and guides nursing staff in program and poster presentations, abstract writing, manuscript development, writing, and publication.
3. SPHERE OF ORGANIZATIONS AND SYSTEMS
a) Utilizes nursing expertise and specialization to provide consultation services to intra and inter departmental health care providers.
b) Responds to consult requests for patients care standards and inservice programs from other departments, professional organizations, healthcare team members, department nurses and others.
c) Utilizes principles of communication, mutual problem solving, and change theory in providing consultation.
d) Collaborates with other clinical specialists to identify strategies to improve quality of patient care and to develop and disseminate new knowledge.
e) Assists with the education and support of Nursing Excellence and Nursing Strategic Plan.
f) Assists with the review, revision and/or creation of clinical standards and policies.
g) Contributes to the cost-effectiveness of care.
h) Participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of departmental and institutional goals.
i) Represents nursing on at least two departmental committees, hospital committees, or task forces.
4. Professional Development
a) Keeps abreast of current nursing trends and best practices by maintaining membership in a professional nursing organization.
b) Completes at least 30 contact hours annually.
j) Seeks out and identifies opportunities to engage in professional program presentations and publication.
Credentials and Qualifications:
• Masters in Nursing is required; Clinical Nurse Specialist tract is preferred.
• State of Florida Nursing license is required, Licensure as an APRN is acceptable in lieu of RN provided there is appropriate Clinical practice experience
• National Specialty certification is required
• 3 or more years of nursing experience required; Advanced oncology and/or specialty nursing knowledge base. Thorough familiarity with nursing process and principles of adult education.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Job Reference: 706378508-2
- Date Posted: 7 September 2022
- Recruiter: Moffitt Cancer Center
- Location: Tampa, Florida
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Community & Sport
- Job Type: Permanent