Claims Handler (TP Injury & Damage) An award-winning commercial underwriting company is currently seeking a Claims Handler (Third Party Injury & Damage) to join their well-established team in Chelmsford.The company has grown significantly over the last few years and now writes in excess of £120million gross premium in the UK & Ireland.All facets of the business have won key awards over the last few years and are continuing their upward trajectory, with the hope for achievements to continue. They have their own internal claims teams, who prefer to be considered as customer service teams who deal with claims. They have either won or been shortlisted consistently at industry awards and Customer Service awards every year since they were established.My client appreciates that sustainable growth can only be achieved with forward planning, so, in line with their growth plans, they are now seeking a new Claims Handler (Third Party Injury & Damage) to join them.
You will be joining a company that will support and encourage your professional development, in addition to a friendly and collaborative team of individuals. Duties:
- To proactively manage all aspects of a third-party claim from notification through to conclusion.
- Provide excellent claims handling service with minimal leakage, in accordance with company procedures and service standards.
- Accurately value and negotiate Personal Injury claims and associated Special Damages, to include Third Party Damage, Loss of Earnings, treatment, and care claims within handling authority.
- Ensure that claim reserves, payments, and Large Movement Reports are calculated correctly and in accordance with company procedures and service standards.
- Investigate and resolve claims in a professional timely and pro-active manner.
- Manage and exceed customer expectations and prioritise work to resolve any disputes that may arise in the settlement of a claim.
- To create accurate Claims Management System records
- To ensure quality, service standards, and productivity levels are maintained to a high standard
- Where appropriate, attend in-house and client review meetings
- To assist with both internal & external auditing
- To undertake projects and to be able to deliver within agreed timescales
- In-depthth knowledge of the Road Traffic Act and the Motor Insurers Bureau
- Solid understanding of Small, Multi, and Fast track litigation process
- A working understanding of the MOJ, OIC, and COA claims handling process
- Capable of investigating and negotiating liability disputes
- Capable of negotiation credit hire and property damage claims
- Capable of accurately assessing General Damages
- Awareness of risk factors for large loss/ catastrophic claims.
- Awareness of fraud tactics (identification, validation and handling)
- Capable of managing multiple work streams and working within time scales and directed by the Court or line manager
- Identify claims with the potential for financial deterioration
- Confident in attending CMC or other settlement opportunities as required
- Where required to act as a referral point for more inexperienced members of the department
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An understanding of the CRU Benefits system including the appeal process
- Organises own work effectively with a positive attitude
Required Experience:12 months or more experienceIn return, you will receive:
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Ongoing training and development
- Support with qualifications (e.g., CII exams)
- Regular social events including monthly lunch
Job type: Full time, permanent Workinghours: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Location: Office based, Chelmsford Salary: £25,000 - £40,000 (dependent on experience)