Our goal is to help founder-led businesses to rapidly scale their food concepts by providing them with a platform, expertise and support to do so. We aspire to redefine the evolution of food brands by providing a physical food hall platform for refinement of the brands and their offering and a virtual / delivery platform to achieve scale.
We operate the iconic Shelter Hall on the Brighton seafront as a food hall incubator, offering a space for the best independent restaurant brands to excel. Alongside this, we work with a network of established hospitality businesses, to whom we license our brands for use on delivery platforms, supporting growth through the enormous experience the team has in the world of online delivery. Job Description
This position is ideal for someone looking to build a career in a high-growth start-up which offers a huge opportunity for career progression and to develop their network in the hospitality industry alongside a proven and highly regarded management team.
We are looking for a passionate individual to join our team as Business Development Manager, reporting to the Head of Sales. This role sits at the heart of our business, ensuring our brands can scale like wildfire through a network of operator 'Hosts'. The role will be responsible for building the network of Hosts (operators) while working together with the wider team to ensure the success of the Hosts you sign-up.
We are a very high-growth start-up, with a team experienced in high velocity scaling. We need someone who shares our mentality and shares our fierce belief in our products and in our business model.
Who Fits The Bill
- Identifying and prospecting leads within the hospitality sector, ideal for supporting the growth of our brands;
- Approaching Hosts through cold-calling, industry connections, emails etc.;
- Pitching and closing deals through face-to-face and/or virtual meetings;
- Managing their pipeline using CRM, giving visibility to management team; Accountability for delivering compelling economics for Host relationships;
- Input for sourcing / recommending new brands to be added to the network;
- Tight relationship with the wider team to maintain Host quality and to encourage the addition of new brands
- Be the eyes and ears of what's happening on the ground and use this insight to influence and contribute to the business strategy
- It is everyone's responsibility to support social and environmental performance improvement in our areas of the business.
- As a manager in the business, you have the responsibility for understanding the social & environmental impacts and opportunities in your areas of the business and working with your colleagues and business partners to improve performance.
- Zero-two years of sales/ commercial experience, preferably from within the hospitality sector;
- Street hustler prepared to 'get stuck in' and do what it takes to close deals;
- Strategic thinker able to elevate the business from the day-to-day where appropriate;
- Well-rounded individual able and willing to flex to take ownership where necessary outside of their areas of core responsibility;
- Strong commercial acumen with strong negotiation skills;
- Charismatic and energetic with a passion for food;
- Excited by the end game and motivated by building an enormous enterprise;
- Prepared to work very hard, take responsibility and make decisions at speed, comfortable finding order in chaos;
- Resilient and loyal