The primary purpose of this position is to assist residents in improving their self-image through personal appearance and grooming.
Essential Job Functions Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains highest level of customer service, acting professionally at all times.
- Set up, operate and close the salon facilities.
- Discuss residents wishes, needs and requirements. Analyze residents hair and other physical features to determine and recommend treatment or suggest hair styles.
- Educate resident on hair care needs
- Shampoo, rinse, condition and dry hair and scalp or hairpieces with water, liquid soap, or other solutions.
- Shape hair using different styling tools and techniques.
- Apply water, setting, straightening or waving solutions to hair and use curlers, rollers, hot combs and curling irons to press and curl hair.
- For men’s hair care services include beard and moustache trim
- Provide hair care services such as deep conditioning, permanent waving, straightening, pre-lightening and coloring, color correction.
- Bleach, dye, or tint hair, using applicator or brush.
- Style the hair with the aid of a blow dryer & various types of brushes, curling irons of different sizes, rollers, hooded dryers, hot rollers and other types of equipment
- Administer therapeutic medication and advise a nurse regarding a resident’s chronic or contagious scalp conditions.
- Massage and treat scalp for hygienic and remedial purposes, using hands, fingers, or vibrating equipment.
- Schedule appointments.
- Update and maintain resident information records, such as services provided.
- Maintain all equipment
- Keep work stations clean and sanitize tools such as scissors and combs.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, follow instructions, and accept constructive criticism. Must be able to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public. Must be able to work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and potentially hostile people within the facility.
Education and Experience
Prefer one year experience.
Must possess a valid cosmetology license to provide