At RSM, associates work with large and small companies in various industries. They develop strong working relationships with clients built on understanding their businesses and challenges. Associates work on multiple team engagements each year, including several pieces of any particular assignment - not just one part. Working in a mutually respectful team environment helps our associates perform at their best and integrate their career with their personal life. Examples of the candidate's responsibilities include:
- Understanding clients' needs and expectations, their business and industry, accounting and control systems, employees, company values and industry-related GAAP and GAAS issues
- Developing an understanding of the RSM audit approach and tools
- Assessing risks and evaluating the client's internal control structure
- Performing substantive tests and tests of internal controls to identify and resolve accounting or reporting issues
- Drafting financial statements under prescribed formats
- Minimum B.A / B.S. degree or equivalent from an accredited university by the time employment commences
- Accounting major
- Meeting education requirement for CPA certification in the state where you are applying for employment
- Travel to assigned client locations is required. Must have access to and ability to arrange for use of reliable modes of transportation to those locations
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- A minimum 3.0 GPA is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team
- Motivated to work in a fast-paced environment
- Client focused
- Ability to multitask
The firm offers a competitive benefits package, base compensation, and an employee bonus program for eligible roles based on individual and firm performance per program guidelines. Base compensation ranges can be found between the ranges noted below in the posting, and an actual offer can vary based upon on role, hiring location, and qualifications. For additional information on RSM's total rewards, visit our website at . If required by applicable law or client policy, you may be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or have an approved accommodation.
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Job ID: req18186
Line of Business: Audit
SubFunction: Assurance Services
Job Type: FullTime
Req #: req18186
Location: Hartford, CT US
Region: Northeast Region
Job Category: Audit/Assurance
Employment Type: Campus Associate
Degree Required: Bachelor
Salary Range: Starting at $0