Our vision is to be a forward-looking, world-class R&D organization that unlocks innovation and delivers transformative therapies to patients.
Join Takeda as Associate Director where you will lead discovery quantitative PK and PK/PD modeling effort to grow our rich oncology drug discovery and development pipelines.. As part of the DMPK team, you will report to Director Haiqing Wang. How you will contribute:
- Lead mechanistic modeling and simulation effort in oncology DMPK group and mentor junior DMPK scientists in quantitative data analysis skills.
- Represent DMPK in multifunctional discovery and development project teams. Implement DMPK quantitative translational strategies to characterize and improve candidate properties for early clinical advancement.
- Develop and validate mathematical PK/PD/Biomarker/Efficacy models to elucidate quantitative PK/PD relationships in pre-clinical mechanistic studies.
- Oversee design and incorporation of M&S components in discovery in vitro and. Overseeing quantitative data analysis and interpretation to characterize therapeutics exposure and safety/efficacy relationship; Responsible for projecting efficacious exposure and dose range in patients to influence candidate selection for early clinical development.
- Prepare and approval of sections of global regulatory filings regulatory documents including ADME/DMPK sections of IND/IB. Contribute to cross-functional review of regulatory documents.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Ph.D. degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Mathematics, or in a related discipline with 8+ years of related experience.
- Drug discovery and development experience in DMPK, quantitative translation, clinical pharmacology.
- PK/PD analysis and mathematic modeling skill, with proficiency in modeling software, such as Phoenix, ADAPT, NONMEM, or MATLAB. Proficiency in R language and familiarity with scripting.
- Must have scientific and technical expertise as evidenced by publications. Alternatively, must have evidence of successful use of scientific and technical principles in alignment of project goals with project team and management.
More about us:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Absent an approved religious or medical reason, all US office-based and lab-based Takeda employees who work fully on-site or in a hybrid model (as determined by Takeda) must be fully vaccinated to work at a Takeda site or to engage with Takeda colleagues or anyone else on behalf of Takeda. US field-based employees must be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment, absent an approved religious or medical reason. US employees who work at a Takeda manufacturing facility, and those who work at a BioLife center or BioLife lab, may be subject to different guidelines. If you are contacted by a Takeda recruiter about your job application, we encourage you to seek more information on the applicable guidelines for the Business Unit/Function to which you have applied.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law. Locations
Boston, MA Worker Type
Employee Worker Sub-Type
Regular Time Type