Analytics Manager (Data Science) - Herefordshire - Hybrid - Competitive Salary Your new company:MandM Direct is one of Europe's leading off-price retailers, with over 3.8 million customers shopping with us every year. In today's hypercompetitive environment, building a brand that our customers can trust is more important than ever. Our long term success is due to our fast-paced, innovative and adaptable environment which continues to keep up with the market's demands.Your new role:We are looking for an Analytics Manager to join our growing Data Science team and manage the processes and people responsible for accurate data collection, processing, analysis and reporting.
As Analytics Manager you will be working with some of the best modern tools in BI and analytics. As you continue to push their use and application you'll ensure data accuracy and consistent reporting by designing and creating optimal processes and procedures for the team to follow.
- Building, developing and maintaining data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics that support key business decisions
- Leading cross-functional projects using advanced data analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities
- Leading, motivating and engaging a team of data analysts.
- Overseeing the data requests process: tracking requests submitted, prioritisation, approval, etc
- Ensuring the timely delivery of accurate data for reporting, analysis and modelling across the business
- Managing our BI tools and systems; continue to develop tools and look for new opportunities to leverage technology to drive business impact.
- Promoting the use of data across the organisation, helping make smarter, data-driven decisions.
What you'll need to succeed:
- A practical background in data and analytics space where you have demonstrated the ability to use data for actionable insight.
- Strong SQL skills, ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries.
- Experience working with and creating databases and dashboards using all relevant data to inform decisions.
- Experience with cloud databases, Google Cloud Platform, Looker and/or Google Analytics would be advantageous.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills.
- Excellent organisational, problem-solving, project management and communication skills.
- The ability to work to deadlines and be flexible to deal with changing business demands.
- Eager to learn and develop in new areas
What you'll get in return
- Flexible working options available.
- Competitive Salary
- Chance to work with some of the best tools in BI and analytics
- Potential to develop and progress
- Visit Google office in the UK and do testing for them
- Free Parking onsite
What you need to do nowIf you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.