The Ambassador serves 15 hours or less each week in a defined area by engaging, equipping andempowering coaches and athletes to fulfill the FCA Vision, pursue the FCA Mission and live the FCAValues. In the FCA Sports Environments, the Ambassador implements a consistent approach todiscipleship -- making disciples who make disciples. The Ambassador is accountable for ensuring that theFCA ministry is conducted according to biblical standards and adheres to FCA policies and procedures.MINISTERIAL DUTIES
These responsibilities are critical to the FCA mission and this position plays a vital role in our ministry. FCA expects all functions and responsibilities outlined below to be carried out with a heart surrendered to serving God as a form of worship.
- Agree with, and abide by, FCA's Christian Community Statement.
- Follow a spiritual rhythm including daily prayer and Bible study to seek the Lord's will for FCA.
- Lead, conduct and provide spiritual leadership for staff, volunteers, coaches and athletes through prayer, Bible study, worship and living by example so they are equipped to serve others.
- Connect to and participate in a local church through worship and weekly involvement.
- Conduct yourself in a manner that affirms biblical standards of conduct in accordance with FCA's Christian beliefs (see FCA's Christian Community Statement) at all times.
- Engage, equip, and empower coaches, athletes and volunteers by ministering through 1-on-1s,Huddles and Events.
- Work alongside the supervisor to train and equip volunteers to empower coaches and athletesto be disciples who make disciples.
- Work alongside the supervisor to recruit, train and develop a diverse group of volunteers inassigned Sports Environment(s) with the purpose of leading every coach and athlete into agrowing relationship with Jesus Christ and His church.
- Supervisor may ask to engage in support raising by connecting, communicating and caring for donorswith appropriate training.
- Work alongside supervisor to serve the aligned International Region by praying, giving, and going.
Serving as part of the broader Northern Indiana FCA Team, this position is focused on ministry in Marshall County (IN).At-Will Employer
This position is at-will employment, meaning that either the employee or FCA can discontinue employment at any time, with or without notice and with or without cause. The Position Description does not create a contract (express or implied) or enforceable promise or representation. FCA can modify this Position Description at any time. Additionally, it is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time.