There's a reason Insperity
was ranked in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics' National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America's best businesses for more than 35 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and a world-class benefits package, including 19 days paid time off, 9 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, we're committed to providing a positive work environment, and to helping our employees succeed both personally and professionally.
Associate Payroll Specialist -
We are currently seeking a Associate Payroll Specialist -
Middle Market to join our team.Summary
Under moderate supervision, receives payroll information from assigned clients and inputs new hire, edits, and termination information. Processes payroll information and produces client specific payroll checks, invoices and standard payroll reports. Continually trains with team, Supervisor and Payroll Trainers to develop skill levels and consults with Supervisor and Payroll Trainer when responding to new or different questions from clients and employees. Moderate decision making is attached to this position, guided by policy, procedure and objective while focused on daily operations.Essential Functions
Under moderate supervision and moderate decision -making:
- Services a specified number of clients by receiving employee paperwork, which will include new hires, edits and terminations. Maintains constant communication with clients to ensure appropriate paperwork is provided and ensures accuracy of paperwork completed. Sends appropriate paperwork, according to state requirements, to clients for each new hire. Upholds the integrity of the client and employee data base and ensures that all compliances are met.
- Receives payroll information via web and in some instances by remote entry from client. Processes payroll information and produces client specific payroll checks, invoices and standard payroll reports. Ensures accuracy of payroll input, balancing input to payroll worksheet. Ensures accuracy of payroll reports to client.
- Coordinates with the Finance Department when necessary and follows through with client to ensure funds are received. Provides backup documentation to Finance Department if needed for wires. Maintains accurate delivery instructions for each payroll in the system.
- Trains with team, Supervisor and Payroll Trainers to develop skills over time. Builds and maintains client load to that of a Payroll Specialist over the course of a year in order to gain payroll experience and knowledge of accepted payroll practices. Attends weekly department training meetings and reviews procedure manual on an ongoing basis.
- Establishes clear communications with client, employees and team members in order to better serve the client. Consults with Supervisor and Payroll Trainer when responding to new or different questions from clients and employees.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor's Degree in related field is preferred .
1+ years related work experience is required .
- Position requires a basic understanding and entry level payroll knowledge.
- Assists in operating data entry equipment; maintaining and monitoring employee records with accuracy and detail with narrow time limitations; maintaining records, posting data and making arithmetic calculations with speed and accuracy; clerical methods and techniques relating to maintaining large filing systems accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions, following established company policy guidelines; methods and techniques relating to establishing and maintaining customer service; communicating clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing; following verbal and written instructions; working independently from general instructions; and maintaining effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.