Apply for this job now
Admissions Registered Nurse
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Job Type
- 7 Sep 2022
Apply for this job now
The Admissions Registered Nurse is an Interdisciplinary Team member whose primary responsibility is to present VITAS services and philosophy to patients and families in a manner that results in the admission of appropriate patients.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE ADMISSIONS REGISTERED NURSE
1. Admissions Registered Nurse participates in the information gathering, analysis, education and form completion aspects of the admissions process
2. Admissions Registered Nurse evaluates patients for hospice appropriateness, e.g. medical records review as requested.
3. Admissions Registered Nurse Obtains agreement for admission of referred patients and families who meet admission criteria.
4. Admissions Registered Nurse analyzes data collected by the admission staff or VITAS clinicians to facilitate/obtain admission orders
5. Admissions Registered Nurse builds effective referral source relationships to support the high quality and responsiveness expectations associated with VITAS.
6. Admissions Registered Nurse maintains clinical and professional competence.
7. Admissions Registered Nurse takes the initiative in developing effective relationships internally with the appropriate admissions and patient care resource persons.
8. Admissions Registered Nurse utilizes interpersonal skills to help appropriately educate and address any questions the patient and/or patients family has concerning hospice and palliative care.
9. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
JOB REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ADMISSIONS REGISTERED NURSE
1. Admissions Registered Nurse has knowledge of the principles of the intake, admission, and transition to care process with the ability to further develop skills in these competency areas.
2. Admissions Registered Nurse has the ability to communicate effectively with patients and families, physicians, referral sources and colleagues.
3. Admissions Registered Nurse has the knowledge of clinical manifestations of diseases and ability to develop VITAS specific clinical knowledge.
4. Admissions Registered Nurse has the ability to use the VITAS information system and mobile technology platforms.
5. Admissions Registered Nurse has reliable means of transportation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands of the Admissions Registered Nurse are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the Admissions Registered Nurse, the employee is regularly required to:
1. Assist in lifting and transferring patients, as required.
2. Lift objects in excess of 20 pounds
3. Stand or walk in excess of one hour per day
4. Talk and hear
Specific vision abilities required by the Admissions Registered Nurse include:
1. Close vision
2. Distance vision
3. Ability to adjust focus
The Admissions Registered Nurse will be required to sit and stoop, kneel, and crouch.
The Admissions Registered Nurse reports to the Admissions Manager designated in the location. In the event the location does not have an Admissions Manager, the Admissions Registered Nurse will receive direction from the Patient Care Administrator or program designee
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ADMISSIONS REGISTERED NURSE
1. Admissions Registered Nurse is currently licensed as a R.N. in the state where duties are performed.
2. Admissions Registered Nurse has previous hospital, physician practice, LTC or ALF experience
3. Admissions Registered Nurse has strong Presentation Skills
4. Bachelors degree preferred
VITAS Healthcare is the nation's leading provider of end-of-life care, and has the resources and expertise to support your personal and professional growth. As a member of the VITAS team, you'll find fulfillment working for a people-focused organization dedicated to making a difference in the lives of others. You will be more than just an employee: You will be counted on as an expert in your field, and as a valued team member whose efforts are respected and vital to our hospice mission.
All VITAS employees commit to fulfilling their duties and responsibilities with the highest regard for professionalism, collaboration and teamwork, and an eye focused constantly on growth and improvement. We serve with commitment and compassion, and position ourselves for the future by embracing, innovating, and leading change. If you are that person, make your voice heard-find your purpose at VITAS today.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
Many of our positions offer the opportunity to work day or night shifts, weekdays or weekends.
Choose a Career with VITAS
- Job Reference: 706379373-2
- Date Posted: 7 September 2022
- Recruiter: Vitas
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Education
- Job Type: Permanent