Accountant - Glasgow
The client represented is a multi-asset servicing specialist with local expertise in 35 markets and is covering 90 markets Internationally. This extensive network creates a high level of client care as the beneficial local knowledge provides connectivity clients need to navigate change in a fast-moving world.
They are known to provide one of the best reputations in the Financial Services market with regards to work-life balance and have over 10,380 employees of more than 100 nationalities.
The Accounting Department is comprised of a number of different functions responsible for Daily Net Asset Value (NAV) Production, taxation, effective yield accounting and for Statutory and Financial Statements reporting services.
Purpose of the position:
The purpose of the role is to produce daily NAV prices and deliver non-daily priced information to clients accurately, adhering to agreed deadlines.
- To meet client KPI's and service delivery commitments through:
- Daily Net Asset Value (NAV) calculations,
- Distribution calculations,
- Monthly trustee / control packs,
- Management service charge calculations,
- Performance fee calculations,
- Portfolio turnover calculations,
- Yield calculations,
- Total expense ratios,
- ONS Returns.
- Timely completion of internal team management information.
- Assist in managing responses to clients, auditors, trustees, custodians and other departments for those funds assigned responsibility for.
- Adhere to procedures and controls in performing allocated tasks.
- Assist in documenting procedures and controls for new and existing processes.
- Timely escalation of any issues to Senior Fund Accountant and Assistant Manager.
- Ensure corrective and preventative action is taken, and evidence retained, where deadlines / quality standards are at risk.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Mentoring and coaching skills
- Delegation skills
- Solid numerical skills and accounting knowledge
- Good problem solving skills
- Time management skills
- Computer literacy including spreadsheet skills
- Being responsible, reliable and accountable
- Mix of Fund Accounting and NAV experience
- pControl experience or previous exposure
Qualifications/experience required for the role:
- Possess high level of numerical skills and an awareness of investment operations and accounting procedures.
- Highly computer literate with excellent Excel skills essential.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet regular tight deadlines.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Strong team player.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Experience of HiPortfolio / pControl,
- Fund accounting experience and/or unitised fund pricing.
Qualifications required for the role:
- IOC - If not already completed would be expected to study towards.
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject or equivalent.